Over 2 million students attend Catholic school – Some of the reasons families make the sacrifice to send their children to a Catholic school are:
- Catholic schools teach children to value the dignity of human life in others — and themselves — and expect student behavior to exhibit that respect. All members of the catholic school community are expected to be kind and tolerant of one another.
- Uniforms and dress codes in catholic schools foster school pride and unity while removing student competition and angst over popular clothing styles and trends.
- Catholic schools share the burden with families who are struggling financially by providing financial aid whenever possible.
- As faith-filled institutions, catholic schools emphasize those values which teach students to differentiate right from wrong, to have compassion for those who are less fortunate, and to serve as positive role models for others in their community.
- Service learning and community service projects are integral parts of the catholic school experience.
- Catholic school students are challenged to find ways to make a difference in their communities, both while students and after they graduate. Statistically, catholic school graduates have been shown to be more likely to go on to serve society as political and business leaders.
- Faith and values – The development of a strong faith in God and values that will last a lifetime
- Strong academics – A strong academic curriculum evidenced by Catholic school students scoring in the top third on national standardized tests
- Community service – 100% of students participate in community service projects
- Top graduation rate – 98% of Catholic school students graduate from high school
- Further education – Approximately 94% of graduates of a Catholic school further their education
- Highest potential – All students are encouraged to reach their highest potential, regardless of faiths, race, economic background or special needs
- Scholarships – Students in Catholic schools receive $158 million in college scholarships
- Tuition assistance – Tuition assistance is available if needed